Friday, April 9, 2010

Time to relax

WHEW!!! We're all moved. I can't believe what a whirlwind that last few weeks have been. So, we got an offer on the house...but it turns out it lost a lot of value since we bought it 2 years ago. (stupid stupid economy!) Anyway, we would have had to bring about $20,000 to the table just to meet the full appraisal amount and sell. NOT happening, so we decided to rent it out and immediately felt great about it once the decision was made. YAY! I listed it on KSL and within about 30 minutes had someone coming over to look at it. Applications were filled out, contract was signed and deposit and first month's rent were cashed within just a couple of days...apparently it's very easy to rent a cute, little house in Murray. :) Not only do we have a great renter, but we have 5 others in line that want me to let them know if it becomes available.

We found the perfect little townhouse to rent in Bountiful, right off of main street and can I just say... I LOVE IT!! I thought it would be really hard to rent again after owning a home, but it has been so great. I love that I can walk to the grocery store or the Yogurt Stop or the Post office. I love that we have Jake's awesome brother Jed and his cute little family (including Cash's BFF/cousin Gaige) right around the corner, I love that I can run to the cemetery or up on Bountiful Boulevard anytime I please, I love that we have Jake's family and my lovely Aunt Sue right here in Bountiful and my family just an hour and seven minutes away in Logan. It's also great living just minutes away from my Sarah and my favorite small, town sandwich place in the world, SPANKYS!! (I've been there atleast 3 times a week since we moved.)
I couldn't be happier to be a Bountiful resident. And to top it all off, Jake only has 3 1/2 more weeks till he's done with his MBA and he absolutely loves his new job. He thinks being the boss is pretty great. Oh, and he comes home for lunch! How cool is that?!

As of right now, we are pretty happy with our situation. It's amazing how the tables can turn. We were thrilled when Jake got the job, but then reality set in when we put the house on the market and realized what had happened to the value. I went through some very dark days thinking about how much money we were going to to lose and wondering how we were going to recover. It's so hard not to think of all the should-haves from the past. I've actually learned a lot from what we've been through and am very grateful for the companionship of the Lord through all this. It's nice to finally be settled. We've decided that we won't be buying another home for at least a year or two. We want to feel out our new surroundings for a while...we're perfectly content for now.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm happy things are settling down for you... and I love that I'm "your Sarah" ;) ha ha... Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything worked out so well for you guys. Dustin and I have talked and talked about it, and we've decided owning a home is terrifying. Which is why we haven't taken that step yet... Someday, maybe we'll be BIG adults and we can take the leap! PS: If all goes according to plan, we should be in Bountiful later this month... so maybe I'll give you a call...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the move went well! It's such a process... :) Glad you're loving Bountiful! And I LOVE Spanky's too. mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your life has been a whirlwind. It's amazing how things have changed. I love you and I love Bountiful. I'm glad we live that much closer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're all settled and love it there!! Your little sandwich shop is charming!! I think I would love a place like that too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you guys are doing great! I 'm glad to hear everything's working out so well! I just pulled up my blog (which hasn't been updated since gwyneth & cash post) so I was just thinking about how I missed that little guy! Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. K, we really need to hang out now! I can't believe you're in Bountiful now! I have to go to Costco tomorrow, you wanna come? :) I want to try your fav sandwich spot too. I'm glad things are working out and that you're happy! That's awesome you got a renter so quick and that it's gone smoothly. Moving/Selling/Renting/Buying/the Economy are such hard things because so much of it is out of your hands, but it sounds like you've learned a lot in the process. Jaran always says, "hindsight is 20/20"...when I get in my "should-have" moods :)
    And can you believe our hubbies are done with school? I still feel like Jaran has class tomorrow, it's weird! Check my blog soon, I'll post our graduation trip and his actual graduation soon :) :)

    ReplyDelete