Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm lovin' it!

So I am on a complete coupon high right now. Thanks to my good friend Claire and Amy, the Savvy Shopper, I saved $159 on my shopping trip tonight. It was amazing and I had to tell someone immediately. My groceries rung up to $240 and then after all my coupons and discounts were scanned in, the grand total was $81 and that will get me through to the end of the month. I think I can handle that. :) Last time, I made Claire go with me and she helped me get the total down from $111 to $43. Pretty cool. It only takes me about an hour to cut all the coupons on sunday and then maybe 1/2 hour before each shopping trip to prepare. I used to hate grocery shopping, but now...it's a pleasure! I love handing the cashier my stack of coupons and see the money come off. Such a good time. I can't wait till I get better at it. I'm going to have to start planning my vacation now with all the money I'll be saving. Gotta love it.

5 comments:

  1. I DO love it!! Can't wait to start trying it-- thanks for the intro to savvy shopping. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disneyland, here we come....right Jenn?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AMAZING Mindy! I seriously need to learn how to do that.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't be prouder!! Yay!! Isn't it so fun? I got paid $1 for contact solution today, gotta love it! Call me anytime you want to tell me about a great deal, or have any questions, or want to go running too. I think you're ready for Walgreens and Rite-Aid :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you still feel this way about couponing? If so I need your secrets. I tried it for six months and hated EVERY second of it. It is WAY too hard and I could only get foods I didn't want. Teach me!!

    ReplyDelete