Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I got my baby back

Well, my little Cashy is back to normal today. Thank goodness! Since last week he's been running a fever and been soo sad all the time. His gums were all red and puffy. I just assumed he was teething, bad, as I stated in the last post. I suddenly understood all the horror stories about teething. Holy crap, it was worse than I ever thought it would be. Poor little guy. Well, I woke up yesterday and he had sores all over his lips, they were cracking and bleeding. I called into work for the first time in my entire life to say (through the tears...I was one freaked out mommy) that I wouldn't be coming in. About an hour after that, it dawned on me that maybe he's not teething at all. He has a mouthful of cold sores. I felt like and idiot dental hygienist mother that I didn't think of it sooner. I should have known after 4 YEARS of schooling on the matter. The doctor confirmed it. Gingivostomatitis. :( He said to just keep doing what I've been doing...tylenol and advil and wait it out.

Well, this morning he woke up happy as can be, he ate a full breakfast for the first time in a week and is running around crazy. That's my Cashy. He's been enjoying his early Christmas present that Jake and I broke down and gave him last night out of pity. An awesome indoor slide. He climbs up it, slides down it, climbs up it, slides down it. Since my camera died, this phone picture will have to do.

He wouldn't hold still long enough for me to get a not blurry pic with my phone...
BIG smile after the wild ride.
Just had to show off my little big foot. :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad he is feeling better. You won't have to be alone for Christmas after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad Mindy-- I've had 4 kids and wondered what in the world was wrong with my baby girl and I when she was 3 weeks old. It took me 4 days to realize we had a yeast infection.... whoops. I'm so glad Cash is all better!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

    Remodeling is SO much work-- I've never attempted moving walls and such so I can't even imagine!! Glad you're settled in now and can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about Cash and the cold sores! That sounds SO awful!!! Poor little guy! Don't beat yourself up about not knowing, try being a nurse and having your mind go blank everytime your kids get sick...happens to me all the time making me feel like an idiot! Anyway, glad he's doing better! Lets get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete